GAP State-of-Play for week ending Jan. 8, 2021
State-of-Play — week ending Jan. 8, 2021
Welcome to this week’s snapshot of the global grains and oilseeds industry. For the full report, click link at the end.
Tuesday, 12 January….this will set the tone for the remainder of January and likely Q1. In other words, game on Donkey Kong…
- Fund long ꟷ record for the time of the year in both corn and soybean
- Fund soybean position ꟷ continues to baffle, with that segment of the market decent sellers vs. buyers
- New record long position for the five major ags
- Day 2 of index re-balance on Monday
- New highs in SX21-SN21 inverse
- New highs in CU21-CN21 inverse ꟷ back end inverse widens CZ23-CZ21
- S. domestic corn demand faces poor ethanol margins and poor livestock profitability
- Board crush smashed for the first week in the new year ꟷ making new contract lows
- Soy oil board + market structure continues to look eerily similar to Q1 2020
- MPOB December palm oil balance sheet due out 11 January
- CONAB out with its latest Brazil numbers early a.m. on 12 January
To send a question to the author, or to learn more about this topic, click here.
For assistance with brokerage or hedging services, please click here.
Disclosure: The risk of loss in trading futures and/or options is substantial. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The information in this message derived from third-party sources is believed to be accurate and reliable; Coquest does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information. Opinions expressed in this material are subject to change without notice. This report should not be interpreted as a request to engage in any transaction of futures, options, and/or OTC derivatives. The information contained in this material is not to be relied upon in substitution for the exercise of your independent judgment. Seek independent financial, tax, legal, and accounting advice from your own professional advisers, based upon your particular circumstances.